My journey here has been short but regardless of the length, it has been amazing. Never did I thought that blogging would be so rewarding. I love everything here. From me sharing my mama’s recipes, to getting to know many wonderful/inspiring people.
“Why did I wait so long to start this journey?”… This will forever be a question that I will never have an answer to. But I’m very glad that I’m able to be here and I’m definitely looking forward to what the future holds for me here. I want to deeply thank Ana from Mom Life With Chiari for thinking of me when she was nominating for this award. Makes me humble to know that she thought of me for this award. I have learned what living with Chiari is because of her. I have learned how strong she has become not only for herself but for her beautiful family. This just goes to show you that all the bloggers here have their own uniqueness and we can all learn a bit. If you are like me and have never heard of Chiari, I really suggest you come to check out her page. I guarantee you will learn something new and you will definitely fall in love with her blog.
Thank you again, Ana.
Here’s a little history on The Liebster Award:
Recognizing bloggers for their efforts is the greatest compliment. The Liebster Award is an opportunity for bloggers to recognize and support other bloggers for their achievements. It’s geared towards blogs with smaller viewership.
The Liebster Award is available from January 1 – December 31, 2018. All nominations are voluntary and if the blogger chooses to accept the nomination, I will list the rules at the bottom of this post and the official rules can be found HERE.
Here are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and provides a link to their blog.
Answer the questions you were asked.
Share 10 random facts about yourself.
Nominate at least 3 blogs for the award.
Ask your nominees 10 questions and inform them of the nomination.
Here are Ana’s questions for her nominees:
1. What’s your advice to a person thinking about blogging?
I would tell them to hurry up and do it. No more thinking about it because they are wasting precious time in getting to know amazing people. Yes, It would be hard work to start, just like everything else in life, but very well worth it. Once they start sharing with everyone their thoughts and everything they are passionate about they will enjoy every bit of blogging. Do it, and just keep going.
2. When and why did you begin to blog?
I started blogging in April of this year (2018). So I’m fairly new to all this. But the journey so far has been mind-blowing. The person to blame (thank) for this adventure is my daughter. One of my sisters told me that I should write a recipe book of all the recipes I have from my mom. When she said that, she had my brain going 100 mph. Writing a recipe book was going to be really hard to do and especially for me since I was never taught or learned to use measurements in cooking. So that right there alone was going to be a challenge. Then one day while talking to my little one she gave me the idea of blogging. She told me to just blog and be myself. So I strapped on my seatbelt and here I am.
3. Do you think there is a line to be drawn with blogging, when do you keep your personal life personal?
Most definitively. There is always a line to be drawn and especially when it comes to sharing our personal life with others. I’m a true believer that not everyone wants to see you happy. The less those type of people know about our personal life the better it will be for both of us. Now, blogging about our good and bad days is ok. We might even get to inspire people who might be going thru the same thing. I have been on online gamer for many years and therefore have many online friends and from that experience alone, I now know what not to share with others.
4. What have you recently done and loved because it made you feel ‘young at hear’?
There hasn’t been anything that I’ve done recently. But what keeps me young at heart is the energy and imagination of my daughter. Always willing to try new things. To go out and explore. Sometimes I feel that instead of her learning from me she is the one teaching me to love life more. Life sure is an adventure and I am blessed to have her as my tour guide.
5. It’s summertime, what plans do you have?
This year summer starts with parties, some school graduations, one birthday in June and fathers days of course. Then we have two Birthdays in July. We Start with my birthday, so for that weekend we are taking a road trip from Los Angeles to Santa Rosa California for a week and then for my daughter’s birthday weekend which is end of July, we are taking on the rollercoasters of Six Flag Magic Mountain. Then in August, my daughter’s favorite YouTubers will have a stage performance that we will attend. That pretty much sums up my summer.
6. What’s your favorite color and why?
Ever since I can remember I’m in love with royal blue. Maybe anything and everything that has some sort of blue to it I love it. I don’t remember why I became my favorite color when I was young, but now that I’m older I love it because it has always reminded me of my childhood. It makes me remember when I would sit under my dads avocado tree and just draw the day away, with no worry in the world.
7. What do you most struggle with?
Giving out my recipes with measurements. I don’t think I can ever get that right. I always say “a pinch of this” or “two shakes of this”… I think I would forever struggle with sharing a complete recipe with measurements in them.
8. What does it mean to be ‘in love’ for you?
Happiness. You can never truly be in love if you are not happy. That goes for everything when loving someone, you have to be happy first and if you are happy you are in love. I’m happy with my job so therefore I’m in love with what I do. I love being a mom and that right there should tell you how happy I am.
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I’m a morning person. I love getting up early, getting everything done with enough time. Maybe now as an adult, I don’t mind being a morning person. But I can sure remember when I was younger how I loved staying up late and pulling all-nighters, but ask me now if I want to try an all-nighter now? no way!
10. Do you like tea or coffee?
I’m a coffee person. Love my coffee in the morning with my ‘conchita’ (Mexican bread). I’ve tried drinking tea but it’s not the same, it doesn’t taste good with my ‘puerquito’ or my ‘cuerno’, Coffee would be 100% my go-to drink in the morning.
10 Random Facts About Myself:
- I’m currently writing a non-fiction book.
- I love EVERYTHING about Harry Potter. I think this has rubbed on my daughter because she too wants to attend Hogwarts.
- I have a tattoo honoring a dear friend that fought cancer and kicked it in the butt.
- I’m in love with Indian Food.
- I hate to iron clothing. I and the iron were not meant for each other.
- I still have my diaries from when I was a teenager.
- I can not cook without music.
- I love horror… books, movies, documentaries, events, Halloween, etc.
- I’m a gamer at heart. I love the Sims4 and I play Minecraft with my daughter. PS4 Resident Evil for the VR is my favorite game right now.
- My birthday is 4th of July.
Here are my nominees:
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- So far through your blogging journey, what have you learned?
- What do you prefer best, a paper book or e-book reader?
- If you were put under the sorting hat at Hogwarts, what house do you think you would be put in?
- If you can travel to any state in Mexico, what state would that be and why?
- What is the one social media platform you can not go a day without using?
- Name three things a Mexican kitchen must have to make food and why do you think they are needed?
- If you had the chance to ask a famous author for advice on writing a book, who would that author be?
- If you can travel 15 years back in time, what advice would you tell yourself?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What was your inspiration when creating your blog name?