This is an amazingly delicious dish consisting of sliced poblano peppers with some sliced onion and cream. Very commonly served in our famous “Carne Asada get-together’s” as a side dish. Oh, and let me tell you one thing… This dish is LOVED!
You will need:
- Chiles Poblanos
- Sliced Onions
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
1. Just like the start of the chiles rellenos recipe, start by roasting the chiles, either on an open flame or on the griddle. Once you have them nice and roasted you will put them in a plastic bag for about 15 minutes so they can sweat.
2. Peel the skin off the chiles and open them to remove the seeds. Then cut them in strips.
3. Once they are cut you will set aside. Now its time to heat up a pan with some butter. Add the onions and saute.
4. Once they are cooked you will add the chiles. mix and add the corn. cook for about 5 minutes. After those five minutes you will add some knorr seasoning and cook for about two minutes.
5. Now its time to add the sour cream. Add about 1 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix well. Then add about 1/2 cup of cream cheese and mix well. cook for about 2 minutes and do a taste test. If more salt is needed you can add a bit of the knorr. If you want them with more sauce, then you will add more sour cream and mix. Don’t forget to do a taste every time you add to it.
6. All done. You can serve these as tacos or you can serve them as a side dish or you can serve them like I did, with rice and corn tortillas. Enjoy!