I don’t know about you, but let me tell you something about this sopa. This is a soup that everyone in my household grew up eating, and by everyone I mean EVERYONE. From my mother and father to my 2 yr. old nephew. I ate this as a kid (Still do) and I cooked it for my daughter when she was a baby (She still loves it). It doesn’t matter what kind or shape the pasta is, as long as it’s made like this recipe, they will all eat it without questions. It’s still remains as one of the favorites soups here at my home, from adults to kids.
For this recipe, I used the Melon Seed shape pasta, but you can use which ever you have available.
You will need:
- Mexican Pasta 1 1\2 bag (7oz bags)
- Tomatoes (grated) About 1\2 cup
- Onions (grated) about 1/2 cup
- Garlic clove (grated)
- Knorr Seasoning about 3 TBS
- Potatoes (diced) about 1 cup
- Carrots (diced) about 1 cup
- Oil for frying
1. Heat some oil on a deep pan or you may use a pot. Fry the pasta until you get a nice golden color to it.
2. Once you get the nice crispy color you will add the tomato, onion, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Mix for about two minutes and add 1 tbs of Knorr seasoning and keep cooking for about 2 more minutes.
3. Now its time to add the water. Here, I didn’t measure the water because I wanted as much as I can fit in my pot. We like this soup with lots of broth. So, i’ll leave this step to you. Once you add the water let it boil, then you will add the remaining 2 TBS of the knorr seasoning. Stir and do a taste test. Add more if needed.
Cover and let boil on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Check on the pasta to make sure its nice and cooked. If it’s still a bit hard and has a mild crunch to it, then you will cover and boil for another 5 minutes. Once the pasta is fully cooked (soft) you are done.
Time to enjoy!