Herbs, spices, chile peppers and onion is added to the blood then it’s placed in the pig’s large intestines for casing. Then its boiled for several hours before we buy it.
Very interesting dish to try. Most people wont try it just because of the name “blood Sausage” but if you give yourself a chance to try it you might like it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
You will need:
- 1 LB Blood Sausage
- 1 Can Garbanzos (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Cup Cooked White Rice
- 1 Cup Cooked Potatoes (boiled and cubed)
- 1 Roma Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Small Green Onions (chopped)
- 2 Dried Red Chiles (crushed)
- 1 TBSP Dry Oregano (crushed)
- 1 TBSP Romero (Rue) (finely chopped)
- 1 TBSP of chopped Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil for frying
Add oil to the pan and all everything except the blood sausage. Fry for about 5 minutes or until the tomato starts to dissolved.
Remove the thin casing on the sausage and add it to the pan mixture.
Mix and cook for about 10 minutes and you’re done!